Lepht Anonym is a bio-hacker based in Berlin who performs surgeries on themself to transition to cyborg. Fed up with the abstract idealism of the Transhumanism movement, they implant different types of sensors in their body to develop new senses. Lepht does all of these self-surgeries without anesthesia and uses their own body as the test dummy, but has successfully gained additional senses that no other human in history have experienced. Starting with RFID implants, the same type that are implanted in pets, to be able to unlock personal computer and other devices. They later moved to implanting neodymium metal disks in their fingertips that allow for sensing the shape and strength of electro-magnetic fields (which are given off by power cords, magnets, and electric devices). Lepht is currently working on a project called "Southpaw", a device in the knee which would always point magnetic north. It is based a external ankle device of the same function, "Northpaw", created by the bio-hacking group Sensebridge.
Articles about Lepht Antonym
- Wired Article on Lepht Anonym
- Lepht Anonym – Scrapheap Transhumanist Grinding.be. Posted by m1k3y on February 18th, 2010. Accessed 18 July 2011.
- DIY Transhumanist Biohacker Patterns in the Void Blog. Accessed 18 July 2011.
- Sapiens Anonym pulled from the scrapheap. The blog of Lepht Anonym. Published Sept. 15, 2011. Accessed 13 Sept. 2011.
- Lepht Anonym - Cybernetics for the Masses (1 of 3) Posted to YouTube by BarryJBelmont
- Lepht Anonym - Cybernetics for the Masses (2 of 3) Posted to YouTube by BarryJBelmont
- Lepht Anonym - Cybernetics for the Masses (3 of 3) Posted to YouTube by BarryJBelmont
- Lepht does not have a prefferred pronoun such as "he" or "she", so "they" is used in this description.
- The North Paw is a compass that allows the wearer to physical feel magnetic north. It differs from a normal visual compass in that it continuously displays direction to the wearer rather than requiring that they occasionally check a device. Due to plasticity of the brain, the constant signal develops into an unerring sense of direction and a persistent knowledge of where the wearer is relative to everywhere else they have been while wearing the North Paw. For more, visit http://sensebridge.net/projects/projects-overview/