Visualizing Facebook Data – A Short Tutorial
1. Open up Internet Explorer and log into Facebook.
2. Go to http://apps.facebook.com/namegenweb/
3. Allow the application to use your data, if it asks.
4. The page should look like the image below.
5. Click on the UCInet link (it's in purple).
6. You should see the following page. Don't touch your computer or browser while this process completes. It shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes. Wait until it says “Thank you for waiting”, “Your network is now available”.
7. Either download the file or right click where it says “this link” and “Save Target As...” to save the file to your Desktop or My Documents folder.
8. If you see something that looks like this, then go to File, Save As, and save the file to your Desktop or My Documents folder.
9. Write an E-mail to email@example.com with the file attached. I'll send you back a full resolution image of your network.