From Cyborg Anthropology
Revision as of 14:44, 16 August 2010 by Caseorganic
Visualizing Facebook Data – A Short Tutorial
- Open up Internet Explorer and log into Facebook.
- Go to http://apps.facebook.com/namegenweb/
- Allow the application to use your data, if it asks.
- The page should look like the image below.
- Click on the UCInet link (it's in purple).
- You should see the following page. Don't touch your computer or browser while this process completes. It shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes. Wait until it says “Thank you for waiting”, “Your network is now available”.
- Either download the file or right click where it says “this link” and “Save Target As...” to save the file to your Desktop or My Documents folder.
- If you see something that looks like this, then go to File, Save As, and save the file to your Desktop or My Documents folder.
- Write an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the file attached. I'll send you back a full resolution image of your network.